1. User Consent
2. Types Of Data We Collect
HAPPILY collects Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you when you visit our Website and when you send us information or communications. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
1. Personal Data You Provide to Us. We collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, password, and various demographic items such as age, gender, and professional experience when you sign up for a HAPPILY account and make purchases on the Website. When you order Services (as defined in the Terms and Conditions) on our Website, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information. We also retain information on your behalf, such as your credit card information for future purchases and addresses you add to your address book. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail (e.g., in response to an employment opportunity posted on our Website), we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us (e.g., a resume). When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information. When you post messages on the message boards of our Website, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it. We may also collect Personal Data, such as demographic information or personal preferences, from you via other points in our Website that state that Personal Data is being collected.
3. Use Of Your Data
1. General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. HAPPILY uses your Personal Data in the following ways: to facilitate the creation of and secure your HAPPILY account on our network; identify you as a user in our system; provide improved administration of our Website and Service sales; improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Website and Services; send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your HAPPILY account was created; send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; respond to your inquiries related to gig opportunities or other requests; to do demographic analysis on our membership base; to send promotional communications as described in Section 8.1 below; to provide you with electronic newsletters; and/or to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback.
2. Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Website navigation. HAPPILY reserves the right to use and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties at its discretion.
4. Disclosure Of Your Personal Data
5. Third Parties
2. Except as otherwise stated in this policy, we do not generally sell, trade, share, or rent the Personal Data collected from our services to other entities. However, we may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Website; to conduct quality assurance testing; to provide technical support; or to provide specific services, such as synchronization of your contacts with other software applications, in accordance with your instructions. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by HAPPILY. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with our contractors and other service providers for the sole purpose of providing services to you.
6. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
2. Changes to Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your HAPPILY account by logging into your HAPPILY account page or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
3. If you are an EU citizen and you wish to request that we a) identify the personal information we have about you; b) delete the personal information we have about you; or c) exercise any other data subject right you may have under applicable law, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to comply with your request as legally required.
7. Security Of Your Personal Data
HAPPILY is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your HAPPILY account information. Please do not disclose your HAPPILY account password to unauthorized people. Despite these measures, you should know that HAPPILY cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Data and mistakes may happen.
8. A Note About Children
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data about visitors who are under the age of 13. A Note to Users Outside of the United States Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
9. EU Residents
Happily processes personal data only on documented instructions from the controller, including with regard to transfers of personal data to a third country or an international organization, unless required to do so by Union or Member State law to which the processor is subject; in such a case, the processor shall inform the controller of that legal requirement before processing, unless that law prohibits such information on important grounds of public interest;
Happily ensures that persons authorized to process the personal data have committed themselves to confidentiality or are under an appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality;
Happily takes Technical and Organizational measures in accordance with Article 32 of the GDPR
Happily respects the conditions referred to in paragraphs 2 and 4 of Article 28.3 of the GDPR for engaging another processor;
Happily will use commercially reasonable efforts, insofar as this is possible, for the fulfillment of the controller's obligation to respond to requests for exercising the data subject's rights laid down in Chapter III of the GPDR;
Happily assists the controller in ensuring compliance with the obligations pursuant to Articles 32 to 36 of the GDPR taking into account the nature of processing and the information available to the processor;
Happily will, at the choice of the controller, which should be exercised via the Service or by emailing the choice to email@example.com, delete or return all the personal data to the controller after the end of the provision of services relating to processing, and will delete existing copies unless Union or Member State law requires storage of the personal data;
Happily will make available to the controller all information necessary to demonstrate compliance with the obligations laid down in Article 28.3 of the GDPR and allow for and contribute to audits, including inspections, conducted by the controller or another auditor mandated by the controller.
10. Contact Information